• Death signifies an end to the body journey but the journey of the spirit i.e. atman continues.
• Rituals are meant to propitiate the soul and enable it to begin a new journey without the body.
• There are nine gateways for the atman to leave the body.
• Hindus believe that birth is the beginning of a process that does not terminate at death, though death does cause a temporary break.
• All schools of philosophy accepts that moksha is release from ignorance, sorrow and the life death cycle.
He served in the Indian police service from 1965 to 2002 and was decorated for gallantry as well was distinguished services. Two of his books, Kumbh Gatha and Maulana Jalauddin Rumi have been widely acclaimed.
|1||Cycle of Life and Death||3|
|2||Sharia-The Body that Decays||17|
|3||Anta-The Final End||61|
|4||Antyeshthi-The Final Ritual||97|
|5||Gati - The Journey beyond||125|
|6||Pitra and Shaaddha||141|
|8||Yama and His court||169|
More to come ... soon !
"Come, sit down, relax, ... no tension !"
Om Nama Shivaya